|This article pertains to Xenogears: the sub-database of Xenosaga Wiki.|
It is a large, floating white Gear with eight spikes coming out of its back. When the Xenogears reaches its maximum power limit in battle (which has a 99% chance of happening after the first round of battle), angelic wings which appear from its back.
Weltall-2 permanently transforms into this form after Fei makes contact with the Wave Existence inside the Zohar. Fei defeats Grahf, who is piloting Alpha Weltall, then goes to destroy Deus after Grahf sacrifices himself to buy him time.
Eventually Fei's party manages to destroy Merkava, but Deus's completed form emerges from it. After a long battle in Deus's core, Fei's party defeats Deus.
Afterwards, while searching for signs of Elly, the party discovers a slight but strengthening energy response within the core. The Wave Existence, now finally free from its "cage of fleshly existence" from within Zohar, was about to travel to the higher dimension it originally came from, which Citan reveals would create enough energy to destroy the planet. Elly, who was no longer controlled by Deus but still in its body, is trying move it beyond the atmosphere, sacrificing herself one last time for the sake of the planet.
Fei gives pursuit in the Xenogears, as it is the only Gear left operational after the destruction of the Zohar Modifier, and disappearing into the rift.
Inside, Fei, stripped of his Gear, encounters Karellen, who challenges Fei by summoning Urobolus, a gigantic serpent-like incarnation bearing Myyah's visage. Xenogears appears, and Fei uses it to defeat Urobolus.
As Fei returns to the surface with Elly, the Xenogears sprouts ethereal wings as it floats down.
Unlike the previous Gears that Fei pilots, Xenogears can do single punches as part of its deathblow that cause extensive damage to its opponent and powerful blows that inflict heavy damage. It is focused more on the punches rather both punches and kicks coming from the previous Gears, but retains the ability to do drill kick on its opponent. It also gains more special attacks where it makes a massive aura blast on its opponent and throwing its opponent to the ground to make a front drill kick. When executing his infinite deathblows, it can do 2 to 3 powerful blows or multiple punches towards its opponent. Some of its deathblows are also renamed.
- Raigeki- Xenogears can do a one heavy blow and a heavy slap to its opponent. This ability will appear after Fei gains the Raijin.
- Reppu- Xenogears can do a straight punch and a reverse hook to its opponent to make heavy damage. This ability will appear after Fei gains the Senretsu.
- Raigo- Xenogears can do three powerful blows on its opponent.
- Hasan- Xenogears can do a heavy blow in mid-air to its opponent. This ability will appear after Fei gains the Hagan.
- Ryuten- Xenogears can do a left punch followed by three straight right punches. This ability will appear after Fei gains the Hoten.
- Jyuji- Xenogears does two powerful punches followed by a heavy drill kicks. It's drill kick is similar to Fei's Hagan as part of its move.
- Raimai- Xenogears makes a powerful blasts towards its opponent twice and hits it with a massive aura blast. This ability will appear after Fei gains the Tenbu.
- Ryumai- Xenogears takes down its opponent with a punch and a headbutt follow by grabbing its opponent and throw them through the ground to make a heavy front drill kick.T his ability will appear after Fei gains the Ryujin.
- Shinrai- Xenogears does a straight kick to knock its opponent in mid air and lands a deadly heel drop to its opponent. This ability will appear after Fei gains the Koho.
- Kosho X- Xenogears charges itself with an orange glow and unleashes a multiple set of heavy punches to its opponent in a fire damage. This ability was similar to Fei's Kakei but based on punches.
- Goten X- Xenogears does two powerful punches and charges itself to make a powerful heel drop to set its opponent in a deadly explosion.
- Kishin- Xenogears charges itself in a halo of light and unleashes a series of multiple punches followed by raising a blue aura from its palm to make heavy blow on its downed opponent.
The word "xeno" comes from the Greek word "xénos", meaning "foreign" or "stranger".
- Xenogears, simply called "XG", is a boss in World of Final Fantasy.